Monday, October 20, 2008

Something to work towards!

What a beautiful day on Saturday. David rode the Hilly and I volunteered and worked the first rest stop. I have done some volunteering in my time but the bikers that I encountered on Saturday were the nicest group of folks! No one had anything to complain about that I heard. I was on my feet from 8 until 2 pushing donuts, bagels, muffins, apples and bananas. I ran into project grad John Singleton and saw he and Wendy after the ride. I even got to help an injured rider with a lift back to the school. He was bummed as it was his first ride and his friends rode on without him. Seeing everyone and hearing how they enjoyed the ride at least to the first stop has given me some motivation to get on that bike and train in the coming year so I can be there riding next time! I look forward to working with Chris and my fellow project members to reach this goal.

2 comments:

Island girl trying to catch the healthy wave said...

It's it great to see your fellow team members at all the sporting events? I am proud of you to continue on with your drive towards fitness. I am beside you cheering you on!!

Anonymous said...

Excellent Goal! The Hilly is a fun time. I rode it last year (it was my honeymoon;) Except for Dave and me, it was the Hilly 50. He probably could have done day #2, but you couldn't have paid me to get on a bike on Sunday. Good luck! Maybe I'll see you there next year!