Saturday, December 6, 2008

Zumba Baby!

What a wonderful morning. The snow was lightly floating. I knew Chris was off running through the woods and hoped he was enjoying the day. I was off to Delta for my first Zumba class. I walked into Delta and saw fellow project pal John and later Margaret and Matt joined us.

Delta offered a trial Zumba class with Cesar. For those of you that do not know what Zumba is ... it is aerobic movement to Latin, Salsa music. Some of the women that have been taking classes with him for the last year or so came out to support and help those of us that are not so coordinated. Now I took Jazzercise for some time but this was fast paced, wonderful movement. I have been humming the beats in my head all day. I wish I could sing the songs but they were most always in Spanish!

I was hot and sweaty once I was done and had met a new friend. Theresa takes classes with Cesar and teaches beginners. I plan to meet up with her and take a class of his at a club near my house. I might get hooked on this Latin grove and boy can Cesar shake! I am really looking forward to another class. More importantly, it seemed like the other Delta folks that ventured out enjoyed themselves as well so I hope to see the class on the schedule at work!

I walked out of work into a winter wonderland .... the snow had picked up. I came home to shower and put up the tree. It truly has been a wonderful day.

1 comment:

ProMotion at Klipsch Fitness said...

Glad you enjoyed the zumba, Christine. One minor correction: Delta didn't really offer the class, although Jill was gracious enough to let us use the Delta gym - ProMotion Fitness was the responsible party for bringing in Cesar (that is, paying him).
We had clients from Delta, RCI and St. Vincent all there - our hope is to build up enough demand that we can offer it at one or all of these places.
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

john