Sunday, December 21, 2008

A New Tradition

I was north this weekend to celebrate an early family Christmas. I awoke on Saturday AM to find my niece and nephew up and ready to work out. Although the weather did not cooperate .... they had ice, cold and snow making outdoor exercise a hazard. We took our work out indoors. Friday night we discussed some of the activities that we would do and now it was time to do it ... no excuses!
We started on the eliptacle and jump rope to warm up. We each took turns picking what we would do ... sit ups, push ups, weights, planks .... we all had fun and it made 45 minutes pass quickly. Next it was into the shower and prep for our trip to the p's house. My sister noticed the sound of the fire truck in the neighborhood and thought that Santa must be onboard since the sound kept going and going .... sure enough he was onboard and passing out candy to the few kids that braved the elements to greet him. Mind you, my niece and nephew were in the doorway and I was the one on the street greeting him and picking up candy! A great holiday was had by all!

No comments: