Thursday, September 11, 2008

New Life On The Bike

I had been having trouble with my nice carbon riding shoes that I got when I first bought my bike. With my toes problems, the fit had gotten very tight and riding was uncomfortable. Well after surgery when it seemed most the swelling went down, I got myself a new pair of shoes. Nice roomy mountain biking shoes!
David and I spent time looking at the clip options for the new shoes. I was so depressed on Saturday after meeting with the realtor about the east side house that we are trying to sell (that is a whole separate story in itself) that David surprised me with my new pedals and clips!
They are beautiful and shiny! He got to work getting my shoes and bike set up. We finally took some time to ride last night. It was a whole learning curve for me. I had to relearn how to clip in and out so that I could ride safely (with no falls, been there, done that!). It did not take long and I am happy to be back in the saddle riding! The sit bones are fussy this morning but it is a good hurt. Thanks so much for the wonderful gift honey!
Enjoy the day! Christine

No comments: