Saturday, September 6, 2008

What a day

Well, I thought my east side house would be back on the market today but no such luck. Due to bank homes and homes selling below their worth ... we are told it would be better to try to sell by owner or come to close with a windfall of cash. Added stress that I do not need at this time. Who would have thought that building a home 10 years ago would lead to this? Mom always said it was wise to build equity in a home ... well I am afraid there is no such thing these days!

I am trying to be mindful of the principles of the program however, it has been hard and this is a huge sabotager for me. I am trying to be strong but feel that I am at a breaking point. The 12 of Beck's Dark that was in my cart at Marsh went back to the shelf.

This whole thing has gotten me so down ... David felt an early birthday (9/23) present would cheer me up. He tries to encourage me through the program and his present is certainly a great one. See after my surgery my riding shoes for my bike (nice carbon high priced little things) are no longer comfortable so I bought a new pair recently (wider mountain biking shoes). My cleats won't fit so we have been in search of new pedals. Well, he got a wonderful deal on some really great pedals. He has gotten them on my bike and we are off for a ride tomorrow (after doing yard work at the east side house, grrrr). He assures me we can get through this and I will try my best to keep a level head through the process.

On the up side, I am prepared with groceries for the week! I made some of the Bulgar Chili and fresh salsa with stuff from the garden. I am looking forward to a better day tomorrow! Peace out, Christine

No comments: