Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What a range of New Year Emotions

We started off the New Year with my brother's wedding. It went off without a hitch and a great time was had by all! They are off in Hawaii enjoying the warm 80's weather while we are here with the sleet! It took most the weekend to recover from the two days of prep and partying with the wedding but it was all worth it.

I went from this high emotion to a low. I found out yesterday that a good friend of mine suffered a stroke. She is healthy and in her mid-40's! I am still stunned by this news and it is hard being two hours away where all I can do is pray. While I know that is what she needs as she undergoes tests and rests; it is still hard not to be by her side. The docs believe at this time that a small hole in her heart caused the stroke but they still have some tests results to read.

David and I will head north this weekend. My uncle is no longer able to garden and we have inherited all his stuff. We will get get stuff for growing to planting to canning. Needless to say David is really excited about this and I am too since I love to eat everything he plants! We had fun over the last week going through seed books as he wants to do everything from seed this year. It is a lot of fun for us! I will share the goods too which is fun as well!

We will make a stop to see my friend as well so that I can see for myself that she is ok. I guess God has his ways of reminding us every now and then to slow down, take care of ourselves and appreciate what we have right here and now. Take one day at a time because you never know what the cards hold for you or how long you will have with your loved ones.

I have devoted time to prep my mind for the upcoming weeks on the project. I will be at the Wednesday night meeting. I am having a hard time with our eval on Sunday since I have a number of things I want to accomplish up north. I feel in my heart that missing this is not the way to start the program however, I also want to have the chance to fit everything in up north. I also feel in my heart that a visit with my friend will help. She has always been motivational on my healthy lifestyle endevors and perhaps that is where I need to be at the start of this part of the journey. We will see .... I will meditate on this over the evening as it is a meditation day!

Take care and hug your loved ones often! Chrisitne

No comments: