Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Evaluation of the first day

Was I perfect? No but I tried and that is what counts in my mind. One of the girls at work was out with knee replacement through the holidays and she came back to work yesterday. Anyone that works at Delta knows that is time for food .... actually anytime is time for food! They brought in bagels for her return. I have such a weakness for that yummy, toasty, bread! I can say I am not a fan of the sugary cinnamon type but love the asiago, blueberry and thank goodness they only make the cranberry walnut during the Christmas holiday because those are the best! I did celebrate the return of a co-worker but I only had half a bagel. I pat myself on the back for only taking half and have vowed to stay out of bagel joints for 12 weeks. You see bread, rolls and yeasty concoctions are my down fall. Why is it that it is so bad for you?!?!? I did get my cardio in at lunch so I am proud of that.

Looking forward to what today has to offer .... my mind is occupied with the inauguration so perhaps food won't be such a challenge today. I am excited to see the change that our new president brings to us as a nation and look inward to the change that I can bring to myself through the next 12 weeks.

1 comment:

Rad A. Drew said...

Hi, Christine,

I work in a place where there is food for every occassion! It's crazy. I applaud your will power in the face of temptation. See you Saturday. -- Rad