Saturday, February 28, 2009

What a powerful Saturday meeting!

My friend Sal is in town but having missed last week's meeting I did not want to miss this one. She went off for a mani/pedi and I headed to the meeting. I was really glad that I went and put off the rest and relaxation that comes from having your nails done .... that will come on another day! Besides Sal and I have the rest of the day for shopping and cooking up some Mexican at the house tonight.

So, back to the meeting. Nikki told us about her wonderful trip. Chris talked about energies and the importance of keeping positive forces near you at all times. Margaret shared a touching story of giving without expectation of anything in return and how good that feels. I decided after Alison's party to also have one once the weather warmed up. Sitting in today's meeting, I decided mine would be a garden party. We have been watching our garden grow the last few weeks. We are growing most everything from seeds this year. We have them under lights, give them plenty of water and lots of positive energy and words! Yes, I talk to my plants! Chris ended by reading us a story ... really great stuff!

What was most unexpected today was after the meeting as I drove home wiping an occasional tear from my eye .... I flipped on the radio and there was my friend Gloria Gaynor belting out the song "I WILL SURVIVE". Now I don't know about you but I can't help but crank that tune up and sing! How fitting to hear that song after our meeting today.
I've got all my life to live, I've got all my love to give and I'll survive, I will survive.
Amen sister! We will all survive!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Wow, Christine! You got this post up quick! Thanks for making the effort to be there today. Just let us know when you want to host the garden party and we will make it happen.

Peace,
Chris

Ginger said...

Christine, I felt the same way about the Saturday meeting. It was just what I needed after a really rough week. Thanks for the idea of ushering in spring with your plants! I can't think of a better way to do it.